What to do during the quarantine?

Now, when most of us are self-isolating, it is even more important to take care of our mental health. I have prepared a little shortlist of things you can do during the quarantine. 

1. Read books
Reading is not only beneficial when it comes to developing your creativity - it also improves your language. If you are learning a new language, you can download an ebook written in that particular language and learn some new vocabulary! I decided to make a list of books that I already have at home, but I have not read them before. I chose three books - Dan Brown's "Inferno", "The Giver" written by Lois Lowry, and the bestseller "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green. What books would you recommend to read next?


2. Try new recipes
Now it is your time to practice some cooking! It is a good way for young adults and teenagers to learn how to cook before moving out of the family house and going to uni. You can also cook with your family members or your flatmates! I decided to try some healthy breakfast recipes and now I am totally addicted to oatmeals! 


3. Be active at home!
You do not need to have access to the professional gym to stay active. All you need to do is to google some workouts available online - you would be surprised that there are so many exercises with no equipment needed! I followed Pamela Reif on Instagram and YouTube - she (and many more fitness gurus) post videos on their social media with "AT HOME WORKOUT ROUTINES". In her 7-day programmes, she included workout for the following fitness groups: beginner, advanced, high intense.  Here is an example of Pamela's workout videos I am using: 
Pamela's 15 minute dance cardio workout you can do at home! (Source: YouTube/Pamela Reif)

4. Make a spa at home
Self-care has so many meanings. For some people, self-care could be organising a home spa. I personally think it is a really good idea! There are many "home" face masks recipes that are nutritional and healthy for your skin. I next week, I will post some masks recipes for you guys!

5. Do a movie (or series) marathon
Again, you do not need to leave your house to be provided with some entertainment. You can organise a movie marathon. I decided to do a Disney movie marathon and I am watching at least two movies a week. Again, the same as with books, watching movies improve your creativity and imagination - and being creative is a wanted trait. All you need is a cup of tea, snacks, a blanket, and your laptop.

6.  Be in touch with your friends and family
Now, it is even more important to be in touch with your friends and family. We should remember that Coronavirus happens all over the world and we are all struggling. That is why we should keep in touch with other people, even when we are not able to meet in person. We can call each other, use communication apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, Messenger and many many more to chat with friends and family.

For those who missed my Snapchat stories last week, here is a story where I share my 'to do at quarantine' list!

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze

Top Categories